Skip to main content

Belarus 5-0 Northern Ireland Ladies

By Jonny Blair


In life these odd coincidences happen that affect where you are and what you do at a certain time. I ended up watching ladies football in Belarus! It was all through Shaun Schofield and the fact that we met in Gillingham in Kent to watch the football match between Northern Ireland and England. We made plans to head to an away game and the next one was in Belarus, so that's where we went! I say 'we', but Shaun had to pull out due to work commitments. I was on a round the world trip and timed it so that I was in Moscow the day before and then flew to Minsk in Belarus before boarding a train to Bobruisk. I was the only Northern Ireland fan at the match!

I was able to watch the Northern Ireland ladies team train and listen to the team talks from manager Alfie Wylie all before the match. I got given a signed football shirt from the ladies team that travelled to Belarus on this trip and I treasure it. Life had taken me to Bobruisk, this non-descript city in Belarus. I was the only football fan of Northern Ireland who had travelled independently to this match.

I wasn't the only Irishman in attendance however as I had met Owen the night before in a hotel - he is an Irish Australian who happened to be in Belarus at the time and staying in the same hotel - with him was Albert from Australia - also a random traveller. They came and sat with me and supported Northern Ireland for the day! The match itself was very one sided with Belarus 1-0 up at half time and coasting to a 5-0 win at full time. I sang for 90 minutes endlessly as the only away fan and needed a bit of local police protection from the locals. Must be the first time that has happened at a ladies match!

I got the team bus with the Northern Ireland ladies back to Minsk the capital city. Before leaving Bobruisk however I got mobbed by loads of kids wanting gifts from me - they assumed I was rich rather than a backpacker!! This wasn't a commercial world. Once back in Minsk I relaxed with a local Belarus beer and even found solace in an Irish pub on a corner which was called Drozhzhy United! All in all a great day out.

So an epic trip to the country of Belarus came to a close and I headed to Warsaw in Poland next!

Match statistics:

Belarus 5:0 Northern Ireland

(Kazeeva 26, Tatarynova 49, 90, Davydovich 57, Kuzniatsova 80)

Beers Tried - Grinitska, Dnyaprouskaye.

Bars I was in - Drozhzy United Irish Bar and Hotel Minsk Bar.




About the Author:



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Guidelines On How To Get Right Scrap Car Buyers

By Kenneth Collins After a long period of use, cars become weary and cannot continue delivering the intended services. It becomes difficult to repair them any longer to the extent that one chooses to purchase a new one. On the other hand, some individuals look for such vehicles and buy them as scraps. When you choose to sell yours, it is essential to consider the following factors to get the right Scrap Car Buyers . First and foremost, you need to spend some time to research on businesses dealing with scrap cars. The research should comprise of trying to understand how the business runs, what you are required before engaging in the deal. Such information is vital for you to acquire to allow you to engage in a fair business that will be favorable for you and the buyer. You should look for recommendations from trustworthy individuals who have engaged these buyers. These individuals can comprise of friends or relatives who had earlier sold their vehicles. They will provide you w...

Caring Breeders Have Pomeranians For Sale

By Brenda Warner Even if you have never owned one of these little dogs, you have probably admired them for being so fluffy and cute. Pomeranians are popular in part because once you pick one up, you do not want to put it down. They usually weigh about five pounds, but may appear larger due to their crazy, long fluffy coat. There are Pomeranians for Sale that will make loving pets for your family. New owners often adopt a pair of puppies, maybe because their are so irresistible. Some people have the misconception that Pomeranians are barkers. Just about every breed of dog barks, and these pets are no exception to that rule. However, they are usually barking at some stimulus and can be made quiet with some attention from their owner. It is true that Pomeranians left alone will bark incessantly. They have been bred to be lap dogs and require human attention. People who are gone all day are not the best candidates to adopt these pets. Only real dog lovers should consider adoptin...

Why Your Car Needs The Best Abs Modules

By William Gibson With a proper braking system, a vehicle can be steered more smoothly and efficiently. The anti-lock braking system has everything that you require to improve the safety and minimize the possibility of an accident. The abs modules help a driver to have better control, especially in the areas where the road conditions are poor. Every wheel has a sensor that regulates the braking power to allow the wheels to operate at the same speed range. Inability to consult a capable professional might allow people to save on the consultation fees now, but this tactic might become exceedingly tragic in the near future. The increasing acceptance of these consultation services in the present automobile arena is accredited to their huge impact with respect to saving money and improving the safety. Currently, many mechanics in different parts of the world are searching for phenomenal braking system that helps lots of motorists to drive in a manner suits their diverse tastes. ...